Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Publix Trip 1/19/10


Today was the last day of the sale- and although I did not think it was that great of a sale I still did pretty well considering my shopping trip did not go exactly as planned. Starting off I called JJ and met him at Toyota to drop Hunter off with him because he was exhausted and had not napped all day. I figured I would take Haleigh with me because she usually sleeps the entire time--- note the word usually today she screamed the ENTIRE time we were in the store. So I rushed through the store and did not pay attention to the pizza's I bought and instead of buying the BOGO Red Baron pizzas I bought 2 that cost $6.99 each. I did have 2 $1 coupons so that did lower my OOP (out of pocket) but instead of them being $2.49 each they were $5.99 each. My other "issue" was the Kimberly Clark Rebate I was trying to complete-- basically you have to spend $35 on Kimberly Clark products in one trip and you will get a $10 Publix gift card. Well orginally I had planned on buying the Poise liners that were $3.19 but they did not have them and yes I could have just done the deal later but I had all my coupons ready so instead of getting my overage from the deal I opted to get the more expensive $5.59 pads- So I spent an extra 9.60 -- So my point of all this babbling is that my total should have been $16.60 less -- oh well you win some and lose some! Anyway here is a list of what I bought and what I paid

2- Power of Fruit $.70/each
1- Hormel Bacon $3.99
2- Red Baron Pizza $5.99/each
2- Jimmy Dean D'Lights $.44/each
2- Superpretzel $1.00/each
9- Kleenex $.20/each
2- Coffeemate Creamer $.25/each
1- Goldfish $1.00
4- Poise $.59 each
4- Kotex FREE + $1.38 OVERAGE
2- Pedigree Treats $1.00/each
1- GoGo Applesauce $1.99
4- Sundown Vitamins FREE + $2.84 OVERAGE
1- Slimfast Snack Bars FREE
2- Slimfast Meal Bars $4.09 each
2- Kraft Singles $2/each
2- Crasins $1.13 each
2- Glad Forceflex $2.49/each
1- White Mountain Bread $.50
1- (1.96lbs) Bananas $.35
1- Bag of Apples $2.99

Total OOP $ 53.90
Total Savings $125.04
Total Savings 70% savings

Plus I will be getting a $10 gift card from the Kimberly Clark Deal 

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! Great trip, I wish we had a Publix, I am so jealous :) If you have time please stop by and check out my CVS and Walgreens trips this week. Take care!
    Honoring The King

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still did amazing even with the "mistakes." I probably would've returned the pizza, but I'm just goofy that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! Ruth I would have if I had realized what I did while I was still at the store-- I didn't figure it out until I got home and the store is too far to just run back over there-- oh well!

    ReplyDelete